Oct 22, 2009

Windows 7 - Is It For You?


Today is the day that the software company, that shall not be named, releases their new operating system. This is supposed to be an upgrade from Vista (wasn't that a great platform introduction, NOT). End of Rant :o)
The new release is supposed to be less needy, only alerts you to really important stuff, and is faster than Vista (like that is hard to accomplish :o).
There are other upgrades, including Media Player now accommodating iTunes AAC format, but some missing things also (Windows Mail, Photo Gallery, and Movie Maker). So, use your existing ISP mail system and give Google Picasa a try.
Upgrades are $120, or $150 for a 3-PC Family Pac. Most likely there will be specials and discounts as well.
The real question is, Should I Upgrade??? Of course the answer is, it depends :o) If you find Vista sluggish and you plan on keeping your computational device for at least two years, then it most likely makes sense. If you use Windows XP, I say just bite the bullet and buy an new computer with W7 preinstalled.
Bottom line, if you currently run Vista, W7 will most likely work better, so are those extra 45 seconds [disclaimer: joke, no technical basis] in your day worth the upgrade, that is up to you.

10 comments:

  1. Honestly? I would be afraid, very afraid to even attempt changing things now. I went through hell last Christmas with Vista. Now that I've become accustomed to all it's quirks and idioisms I'm afraid...no really I am. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't see myself upgrading. Vista is slow as hell and really frustrating at times, but I'll probably just wait till this laptop craps out and I have to get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... probably will wait it out.

    be well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just keep my computer that I had Dell build a couple of years ago with windows XP. Vista was already out at that time. I tried one out and didn't like it so hence the Dell with XP. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my Vista PC becomes frutratingly out of date I'm switching to Mac. Should have done it years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ken,
    Happy Birthday ... I hope you're not getting Windows 7 for your B-day!
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know a damn thing about Windows 77, Vista 101, or XPDQ...

    But I heard from a cute little birdie that it's your birthday.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see me upgrading to 7, though Vista has issues. Stan on the other hand gets a free upgrade to 7 with his new PC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to upgrade but honestly, I have NO faith this is going to be any better than Vista in the end. Perhaps after all the bugs are worked out and it is cheap...by then I'll need a new machine anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think, Don't Make me go Rogue on you :o)