Oct 14, 2009

Run David Run :o)


Stockholm is not only the home of the Nobel Prizes, but also a place that DustBunnies should avoid at all cost.

The Swedes, those latter-day descendants of bloodthirsty Vikings, have found a new use for rabbits: heating fuel. Stray rabbits are being shot, frozen and then shipped to a heating plant to be incinerated.

Bunnies, despite a felicity for breeding, are not quite abundant enough to be a reliable fuel so Stockholm also ships dead cats, cows, deer and horses to the plant for processing. No word on whether the remains of man's best friend are also keeping Swedes warm this winter.

Here is the link for the full article "Burning Bunnies for Biofuel,

Sorry folks, this was so out in left field and so typical of "gripping" headlines that I could not resist. The absurdity of this article did tickle my funny bone though :o)

Just for the record, I do not endorse this practice.

10 comments:

  1. *gasp* NO! The Swedes are on the cutting edge of green technology, but this is just soooo bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lassie gives me a warm fuzzy feeling- must be all the BTU's she puts out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes me wonder if kitty would be better served to be recycled into energy then a coon-skin type hat when her expiration date hits. can you use a freeze dried cat as biofuel???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ken,
    This is disgusting ... almost too disgusting to be believed.
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This story seems ripped from The Weekly World News!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this was a surprise Ken. It makes sense in a bizarre way, but I can't say I like the idea at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I love bunnies. How can they do that? I am gagging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

    OMG - this is just so wrong on so many levels. The BunnyNation needs to know about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whats stopping them from incinerating their human dead for fuel. Not much of a stretch really. And eerily strange to ponder. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think, Don't Make me go Rogue on you :o)