Dec 25, 2008

Merry Christmas - Bad Sheeba Poetry :o)















Twas the day of Christmas, and all through the Nutty house
Not a creature was lurking, especially a mouse.
The stockings were tied to the rail with care,
Bulging with treats, evidence that Fat Boy had been there.

The humans were nestled in their bed,
While droplets of kitty drool landed on her head.
And mamma in her 'robe,' and I in Dad's lap,
I settled in for my daily winter's nap.

As I snoozed, I had a vision, in my mind what should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and two huge micedeer.
With my old man driving, dressed in a robe and looking so slick,
I knew in a moment it must be a trick.
More rapid than Dad and his Mustang they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Mickey! On Minnie!"
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
As dry leaves that remained on the tree bristled,
A red-tailed hawk a-rustled.
So up to the treetop they flew,
Unaware that a meal they were about to be, those two.

And then, in a heartbeat, I saw a bright light
Dad in his robe snapping a picture was quite a sight.
As I lowered my head, and was hunkering down,
Off the tree the hawk flew in a flash of brown.

Dad's eyes they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His nose like a bright red cherry!
His robe was tied in a bow,
And the flash of his legs was as white as the snow.
He had a flushed face and a little round belly,
That shakes whenever he laughs, like a bowlful of jelly!
My Dad is a bit chubby and tall, not even close to an elf,
I always laugh when I see him, in spite of myself!
A wink of his eye and snide comment he does make,
Soon gave me to know he was no flake.

He sprang to his sleigh, to his micedeer he gave a whistle,
And at that moment I awoke due to what felt like a thistle.
I heard him exclaim, 'my bad poem here is done,'
"Merry Christmas to everyone!"

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Sheeba has quite a way with words. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Poem.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Beth.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the poem. Merry Christmas to you and Beth. Hugs to you both, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't that bad ... happy holiday to you and Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was highly entertaining Sheeba, tell your dad the Redtail Hawk picture is priceless. I hope your family is immersed in the delight of the day! (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think, Don't Make me go Rogue on you :o)