Nov 28, 2009

Spaghetti Friday :o)

We had an awesome day on Thursday over at Beth's sisters place.  Good food, good family, and good Rock Band.  Does it get any better than that?


Yesterday, the plan of the day was for my folks, and stepbrother "JimBo" [who I had not seen in 28 years until two months ago] and his wife, to come over to Nutwood for dinner and some fun.

The menu was Ken's Special Spaghetti :o)  This was a standing request from my Stepdad.  About seven years ago, my folks came and visited us for a week.  During that trip, one of the meals I made was spaghetti.  It is pretty basic, ground beef, garlic, onions, tomatoe paste/sauce/diced, and a mix of spices.  I think it it the spices, simmered for 4-5 hours, that really give it its great taste.  Note, this is NOT a vegan sauce :o)


I started the sauce at 1:30, and we eat about 6:30, so it was in fine form.  We also discovered an electric garlic baker a few years ago [we used an oven based Terra Cotta baker for about four years], and we had what we consider the bestest garlic bread ever, french bread - baked in the oven with olive oil - then fresh baked garlic spread on it.  And its Healthy Too :o)  The best compliment is when you are asked for a "doggie bag", and my folks took enough with them for another meal. 

Before dinner, we played Rock Band.  After some switching around, we settled in with JimBo singing, Beth on lead guitar [She ROCKS \m/], JimBo's wife on base, and me on drums.  We played for about an hour, and it was fun.  After dinner, we decided to do Wii bowling.  JimBo ended up winning the day, and I am pleased to say that the TV is still intact.  My folks are not really in a condition to play, but they enjoyed watching [evidence is that my stepdad stayed awake past 9:00 PM]

All in all, a great visit.  Love Thanksgiving, spending quality time with family.

7 comments:

  1. our spaghetti night is tonight!

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with a big old bowl of pasta!
    Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of great days spent with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! I love Wii...haven't tried the rock band yet...sounds like fun. Dinner sounds yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - I am so hungry for spaghetti right now. Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like so much fun Ken. A father, being up past 9 is a sign of entertainment!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think, Don't Make me go Rogue on you :o)