Oct 11, 2008

Stock Investment Returns

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago,you will have $49.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received a $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg.

A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon!

I am proud to be a below average American :o)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my...the stock market is scary! I withdrew most of my Mutual Funds about 4 weeks ago and transferred them to FDIC insured secure places. Glad I did it, at my age.....waiting 8-10 years for recovery was not a good option. I have a small portfolio and it would have been totally gone! I pray for everyone struggling and losing there jobs, homes,and losing thousands of dollars on the stock market.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss and I hope it don't come in 3's , I of all people know that is a domione effect that seems to be hard to stop , The ark is a great idea and would be something I would love to see , and thanks for this entry you make it simplier and easier to understand ,
    hugs
    Sherry
    http://onebiteonestepatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I think I'm probably more along the lines of my Mustang, getting 18 mpg.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...at least you explain it so I can understand. Now can you explain the "bailout"??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this saved in email to post... LOL no need now :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Figuring mileage that way, I get alot better than 41mpg. :)
    Thanks for sharing the smiles.
    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha...that was pretty good! :)

    Pooh Hugs.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good explainations of things. Got a kick out of this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Bad News Bear and the Bull $#!+ in the market! Thanks for the breakdown, and for the chuckles!

    Still laughing.
    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is way cool useless information ..!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think, Don't Make me go Rogue on you :o)