Jun 3, 2010
e-Mail Effing Tips :o)
1. Keep it brief. Easier for the writer, easier for the reader.
2. Stay focused. Each e-Mail should be on a single subject, with an appropriate subject line.
3. Keep a sense of proportion! Don’t flag an email as “urgent” unless it really is urgent!
4. Unsubscribe. Sure, it may take only a second to delete it when it arrives, but seeing emails flooding into your in-box is so unpleasant; take a few extra seconds to stop those emails at the source.
5. Manage your notifications. When you set up a Twitter account, a Facebook account, a Goodreads profile, a YouTube channel, and the like, pay very careful attention to the notifications. Do you really want to be notified when X, Y, or Z happens? And if you realize later you’re getting notifications you don’t want, take a minute to change your settings.