Jan 14, 2011
Why Goals Are Not Achieved
1. Goals do not support your life or business main purpose.
2. Lack of continual action. Goals usually die from inactivity. Make sure you take one positive step towards your goals every day.
3. Lack of commitment. Many times we set a goal because it just seems like it should be completed or someone else thinks we should do it.
4. Goals that do not inspire. Goals should excite you. Plain vanilla goals usually never get off the ground. Set your goals high - goals that have a WOW factor.
5. Loss of focus. Goals tend to get lost in the mundane issues we face every day. Keep your goals visible. Write them down and post them where you can see them every day.
6. Goals are not positively focused. All goals should be written with a positive focus. We are drawn to things positive and repulsed from things negative.
7. Goals are not SMART. SMART goals are those that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and timely. SMART goals tend to give you a laser focus and keep you on track.