Jan 2, 2009

Is It Spring Yet ? :o)

The main goal today was to get the reclaimed bedroom set up as an office today. The thing is, I do not "spring clean" my files and such nearly enough. So today, there were two boxes of garbage and two boxes of burn barrel (things that have sensitive info on them, and we do not want to throw away, the whole identity theft thing, don't you know :o).


After disposing of the boxes, it was time to haul the roll-top desk top, solid oak file cabinet, and desk drawers upstairs (needed some help from my bride since the stairs are steep and oak is heavy), and then set up the desk and put the files back into the drawers. All in all, after five hours, with a few Mafia Wars on Facebook breaks (an amber beverage may also have been involved), the room has been set up.


The roll-top is closed because there is almost a year's worth of filing, in anticipation of tax preparation, that needs to be done. That is a project for another day. You can see that we have my desk set up, and two chairs for a reading room (see the bookcase in the background?).


Hope your short week is going well, and here is looking forward to the weekend :o)


13 comments:

  1. WOW!! You're working on YOUR New Year's Resolutions EARLY, huh?!??! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. room looks great! lots of hard work went into it for sure!

    enjoy the weekend

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked on mine all day..i must say I had lots of papers to throw away.
    But it looks 100% Better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for us! Job well done, Honey. I can't tell you how pleased I am to have room for your recliner and my rocking chair (my Mom gave it to me) upstairs. Great to get that done, and a good start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to start the New Year by completing a project like you are doing. It's a pain during the process but the rewards are great when everything is done and all is in it's place!

    Happy New Year! I'm wishing you all good things like good health, happieness, and that all you wishes come true.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks great! I wish I had a room for an office, it allows you to be more organized.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't show anyone my office space. It is jammed with everything it shouldn't have. I'll clear it out before spring I hope and maybe show a picture then. Good for you! Nice start to the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since Austin never sleeps in his bedroom I should turn his room into an office! The room looks comfy...

    Happy New Year!
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a roll top desk that could be beautiful if not for the 25 years of dust on it! I kid you not...its a "before my time" piece, and I hesitate cleaning it. I don't even know if the top rolls down! Lovely room...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since I relish throwing even the slightest "maybe I won't ever need that again" out, I am very good at this! Looks great.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so far behind on blogging! We have two bags of things that need to be burned here! I hope 2009 holds all things good for you and Beth. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems to be time for moving things, cleaning things up and the famous ritual of throwing things out. Pre-spring cleaning one might call it. I let go of a huge load of "important papers" today and I am a happier man for it. D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The room looks great, well done on getting everything in place. So....you had some apple juice huh? LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think, Don't Make me go Rogue on you :o)