Sep 7, 2012

Humble Pie!

I am humbled by the turnout for my going away gathering tonight.  At one point we consumed more than nine tables at Wheatberry's Restaurant.  They have great food and suds, and we had a great time.  I have to admit I got choked up twice, first when my Director called me up to give me accolades and wished me luck, and second when I had to say my final goodbyes as we left.  I am not ashamed to say that I had tears and sniffles most of the way home. Sigh...

 Leaving the people was the hardest part, but with my wife and best friend by my side, we will enter into our new chapter.  Love you Cook Projects, I may not be physically present, but I will always be there in spirit.

6 comments:

  1. Ken are you retiring? You're too young for that. Maybe a new job?!? Best wishes as you move on to the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you were able to leave with such good relationships intact and no hard feelings at all. I also have no doubt that you will be missed!! Can't wait for your new adventures to begin and the stories your friends-yet-to-be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good night. It is tough to say goodbye, but it's a good move and I am proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the words of boyz2men- it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday....


    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun night. Change is hard, but change is good.
    Years back when I left California for Miami we had a similar going away dinner, and I was, well, a blubbering fool.
    But it was a good kind of blubbering.
    At least that's my story......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you going? What's up?

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think, Don't Make me go Rogue on you :o)