May 6, 2012

Bucko's Sunday Journey



Mile 1: So glad that I decided to go for a jog instead of doing the home gym routine.  My elbow is sore and needs a break from weights.

Mile 2: Everything is so green, the flowers are blooming, what a beautiful spring day.

Mile 3: Glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday, seeing these other mowed lawns, it looks so nice compared to the ones that are overgrown.

Mile 4: I am amazed at the amount of litter along the roads, at least 50% of it are beer cans/bottles.  Really, can't wait until you get home?  Shameful.

Mile 5: Images of our dinner tonight (steak on the barbie, grilled sweet corn, salad with blue cheese lite, and a fine 2005 Cabernet) urge me on a greater distance.

Mile 6: My feet are telling me that there will be "tiny bubbles" in my future.

Mile 7: My mouth is a dry as being at the dentist, with cotton swabbing in all my cheeks, ready for some diabolical procedure.

Mile 7.5: Depressing to look down and see caterpillars and snails passing me in the grass...

Mile 7.75: The "I think I can" mantra changes to "I knew I could"

Mile 8: Sitting on the deck, looking over Nutwood, drinking some awesome well water. 12.25 minute miles, no timing or style points, but I can deal.

Thanks for joining me on my journey.

3 comments:

  1. My jogging NEVER made it that far!!!! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! And yes, the meal was mighty tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think, Don't Make me go Rogue on you :o)